- Presently homosexuality is considered legal all over United Kingdom.
- Homosexuals can legally change their gender with or without gender change surgery.
- The consent age of Individuals for homosexual relationships are equal as for other relationships that is sixteen years of age.
- The Equality Act 2010 has legislated equal rights for everybody, which prohibits discrimination against people in terms of their sexual orientation at workplace, public places etc.
- Discrimination is considered illegal and is a punishable offence.
- Enrolment of LGBTQ people in army is considered legal.
- Housing and rental properties should be provided without discrimination too.
Times have changed and LGBTQ community has evolved and has been appreciated a lot. They represent their community in every field. The taboos have been eradicated and the notion of homosexual to be considered as a disease has been decreased.
But still there are still some prejudices still existent in the world. In Uk itself, a recent case of pastors protesting against the banning of conversion law was witnessed. The pastors claimed that their procedures to convert gay people into straight is true and works.